Our Business Manager is a business leader who focuses on resident customer service and assists in managing operations, processing rent payments, collections, financial reporting, supplies, and communications of a multi-million-dollar apartment community. This person must be meticulous in attention to detail and possess a professional and collaborative demeanor as a representative of Optima.
What You’ll Do
- Process leases and all required documentation from move-in to move-out to ensure all records are complete and accurate.
- Receive and post all payments in Yardi Voyager to insure accurate financial records are maintained at all times.
- Issue property notices timely to delinquent residents and work with our attorney to secure timely evictions when necessary.
- Prosecute collections to maximize revenue from delinquent accounts.
- Monitor resident insurance certificates to insure all residents are in compliance with applicable requirements.
- Process and code all invoices related to property operations and maintenance.
- Maintain open communication with the Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Provide superior customer service and communication to our residents and prospects to enhance customer satisfaction and increase renewals, revenue, reputation and profitability.
- Receive telephone calls, emails and in-person visits from residents, prospects and vendors/suppliers.
- Create, enter data for and manage Yardi reports, serving as the on-site team’s Yardi resource.
- Assist in managing the community’s budget by making sound fiscal decisions to increase the net operating income of the community.
- Issue maintenance service requests.
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on an ongoing basis by physically inspecting the community and reporting any service needs to Maintenance. Inspect move-outs and vacancies, when requested.
- Maintain positive relations with all community vendors. Collect bids, administer contracts and supervise vendors/independent contractors.
- Assist in planning resident functions. Attend functions and participate as host for any functions as directed by the Property Manager.
- Assist in ensuring that all Optima policies and procedures are being followed.
- Contribute ideas to property manager for marketing community and improving resident satisfaction.
What You’ll Need
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. A college degree is also favorable.
- 2-3 years of on-site property business management experience (luxury apartment community experience preferred).
- Experience maintaining accounting reports.
- Must have experience in Yardi Voyager7 and either Rent Café Site Manager, Procure to Pay or Pay Scale, as well as Microsoft Office Suite.
- General office and bookkeeping skills
What Will Set Your Apart
- A competitive spirit
- Customer-service driven
- Warm, friendly and service-oriented philosophy
- High degree of flexibility and tolerance for change
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Effective at setting priorities/managing competing demands
- Aptitude to work both independently and as a team member
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive benefits and great perks make a huge difference; we get that, so you’ll get them too. At Optima, we believe they should be meaningful and a part of what makes us great!
- Come as you are! At Optima we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. Optima evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other legally-protected characteristics