Effective Date: May 31, 2020
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Information Collection
- Use of Information
- How We Protect Your Information
- Disclosure of Information
- Children’s Privacy
- Additional Notice to California Residents
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Other Important Considerations
- Contact Us
Personal Information You Provide to Us
Identifiers such as name, email address and telephone number. We may also collect unique personal identifiers such as cookies or similar technologies when you browse our Site or use our Services.
Characteristics of protected Classifications under state or federal laws such as race, gender, military or veteran status and physical or mental disability.
Information Collected Automatically Through the Services and Visits to the Site
Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information. We may collect information about the devices and computers you use to access our Services such as browser type, computer type, language and technical information like operating system, and the Internet service providers.
USE OF INFORMATION
We collect personal information for a variety of business and commercial purposes, such as to:
- Provide customer service;
- To run and operate our Site;
- Display content on the Site correctly;
- Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer;
- Send periodic emails or respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
The Optima Corporate Family: We may share the information we collect about you with the Optima corporate family and their and our affiliates and subsidiaries.
Service Providers: We may disclose your information to vendors, consultants and other service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, payment processing, web hosting, recruitment, employment, research, IT, to process opt-out requests, to assist us in responding to consumer requests for access, deletion, or correction of information, direct mail and email distribution, site analytics and operations or legal and compliance services).
Advertising Technology (“Ad Tech”) Vendors and Social Networks: We may work with third parties to serve advertisements, provide us with data collection, reporting, and ad response measurement and assist with delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements. These third parties may view, set, or edit their own tracking technologies/cookies that are deployed when you visit our Services. The use of these technologies by these third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and we encourage you to review them.
Legal and Law Enforcement: We may share your information with law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Optima subsidiary to legal liability or if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Change of Control – New Owners: We may transfer your personal information as an asset that is part of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other transaction in which a third party assumes control of all our part of our business.
With your Consent: We may share your information with your consent or at your specific direction.
The Site is a general audience site and it is not intended for children under the age of 16. Optima does not knowingly solicit or collect personal information via the Site or Services from users in this age group. If Optima learns that a child under the age of 16 has submitted personally identifiable information through the Site, it will take reasonable measures to delete such information from its records and to not use such information for any purpose.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you have the right to know what personal information we collect, disclose, and “sell” about you (as that term is used in the CCPA). Additionally, you have the right to access, delete and opt out from the “sale” of your personal information.
To exercise these privacy rights and choices, please follow the instructions below:
- How to Request Access to Personal Information: You may request access to your personal information twice in a 12-month period. To do so, please complete the webform in or call us at 1-888-914-9661 PIN 244780. In response, we will produce an Access Report, by mail or electronically at your request, detailing the personal information we have collected, disclosed, and/or sold about you.
- How to Request Deletion of Personal Information: You may request that we delete the personal information we have collected and/or maintained about you. To do so, please complete the webform in Optima’s Privacy Rights Portal or call us at 1-888-914-9661 PIN 244780. Note, we may need to retain certain personal information as permitted by law, such as to complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a requested good or service, detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activities, comply with legal obligations or to enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations or lawful within the context in which you provided the information.
Verification: we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling any of the above requests. If you maintain an account with us, we will verify your identity through existing authentication practices for the account (e.g., login and password). If you are not a registered member, we will verify your identity by matching two or three data points that you provide with data points that we maintain and have determined to be reliable for the purposes of verification (e.g., browser or device ID).
Authorized Agents: you can use an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf. But we may require the agent to provide a written permission and verify his/her identity or demonstrate that he or she has power of attorney in connection with a request for access or deletion.
Anti-Discrimination Right: you have the right to be free from discrimination in product quality, goods or services if you choose to exercise your privacy rights under the CCPA.
OTHER IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS
Do Not Track Signals
Optima does not respond to Do Not Track signals to the extent received from a web browser. There is no universally accepted technological or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals as reflections of user choice. Once such technology is created and has received applicable regulatory approval, we will consider (a) whether it is possible, and, (b) if so, how it can be incorporated within Optima’s environment in the future.
Tracking Technologies (Cookies)
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, it could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.